EDIT: Josh Taylor over at ZDNet has more info.
So with all the media fuss (okay, not that much media fuss) about the release of e-tax for Mac, I was reminded that (a) e-tax still doesn’t exist for Linux and (b) I actually asked them why about two years ago.
As I was searching through my drawers earlier today I stumbled across the parcel of 130 pages they sent me in response to my request, which gives some insight into the whole thing. For some reason, I had neglected to put the material up on teh interwebz back in 2011, so a few dollars of ANU printer credit later, I have finally uploaded PDFs.
So here, have some FOI goodness.
- Decision Letter
- Reasons for Decision
- Schedule of Documents
- Doc 1 – Clayton Utz – Deed of winding up and release between ATO and IBM Australia Limited (Negotiation Draft 1)
- Doc 2 – Arnold Ellem, ATO to Greg Farr, ATO – Office Minute – Negotiations on termination of contract with IBM Australia for redevelopment of e-tax
- Doc 3 – Arnold Ellem, ATO to Greg Farr, ATO – Office Minute – Proposed contract with IBM Australia for redevelopment of e-tax
- Doc 4 – Arnold Ellem, ATO to Greg Farr, ATO – Office Minute – e-tax RFT – Final Evaluation Report
- Doc 5 – Steve Vesperman, ATO and Mike Borucinski, ATO to Greg Farr, ATO – Executive Summary – e-tax redevelopment advice paper
- Doc 6 – ATO – Redevelopment of e-tax – Contract with preferred tenderer – Risk plan and mitigation statement
- Doc 7 – Arnold Ellem, ATO to Mike Borucinski, ATO – Email – Re: Initial acceptance of software from vendor
- Doc 8 – Robert Ward, ATO to Michelle Montgomery, ATO – Email – FW: Template – Normal Reg 10 consent
- Doc 9 – John McAlister, ATO – Executive report – e-tax redevelopment: issues and concerns
- Doc 10 – Capgemini to ATO – Report – e-tax and pre-fill – Future Roadmap version 1.0
- Doc 11 – Capgemini – e-tax and pre-filling future roadmap 2008-2012
- Doc 12 – Pre-filling e-tax Steering Committee – Capgemini Workshop – Minutes of Meeting